1. Shree Achyutaashrama was established on April 4,
1966 in a small town called Uravakonda,
Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, India.
2. It has acquired Andhra Pradesh Government
registration, at Anantapur, bearing No. 39/1973. Later it got
the Karnataka Government registration also, at Gangavathi,
3. All the saadhakaas
who are active with
and pay annual fee regularly are the members
All of them constitute the members of the General Assembly.
wing is managed by the General Assembly, Security Council and
the Supreme Council.
4. The General Assembly meets once in a year. The
administration is being run by a President, a Vice-President,
Secreatry-General, Treasurer and a set of 9 members.
Collectively it is caled the Security Council.
5. The Security Council is elected by the General
Assembly whose term is three years.
has two wings: the spiritual and the administrative.
The spiritual wing is controlled by the
who is nominated by
position is perpetual until an emergency arises and then
shall nominate a new person.
8. Thus the post is not hereditary, and not
remunerative either. Any person with a high spiritual content
9. The Head-quarters of the Aashrama was at Uravakonda
until 1980; thereafter, it was shifted to
the area where
located. That is, to the area called Virupapuragaddi, near
Hampi, which is a World Heritage Centre.
10. Shree Achyutaashrama incorporates
which was founded by Yogi Achyuta. The title Shree
Achyutaashrama bears the name of Yogi Achyuta. Shree
Achyutaashrama thus perpetuates the divine name of Yogi
11. The Aashrama is being maintained on the minimum
fees collected from the seekers at the time of
(initiation), and on the annual
fee and donations collected from the
and well wishers. On special occasions, donations are sought
12. Accounts are audited by chartered accountants at
the end of each year and presented to the General Assembly.
13. Other than the above, there is no regular source of
income to the Aashrama.
14. In all manners of disputes arising in the Aashrama,
be they administrative or spiritual, the matter gets referred
to Supreme Council which automatically comes into being when
the need arises. The Supreme Council consists of the trinity -
his deputy and the Secretary-General. At present the trinity
is Swamy Seetharam, Lakshmana Swamy and B.H. Nadagoud.
15. In all such disputes, the decision of the supreme
council is final and binding.
16. The Aashrama is a non-profit organization.
Donations to it are exempted under section 80G of Indian
Income Tax Act 1961.